We appreciate that finding time to plan, knowing where to go for expert advice and how to make the best decision in the face of constant change can be overwhelming and often means that no action is taken.
Our philosophy focuses on developing and maintaining a close and long term relationship with clients. In its most simple sense, Financial Planning involves working out what is most important to you in life: your goals. Then planning your finances accordingly.
By matching your finances to your goals you will:
- Have a much clearer view of where you are going
- Reduce the stress involved and
- Be in control
Without it, you might not be able to have the life you dream of.
The services Cotterell-Wilkie Financial Planning offer include:
- Understanding key objectives (Personal, family and business)
- Identifying and understanding the risk profile of each client
- Reviewing and analysing existing investments
- Minimising the overall impact of taxation
- Creating tax efficient income streams for the present and future
- Assessing the impact of changing legislation on investment strategies
- Looking at how complex pension legislation applies to clients
- Planning exit strategies for shareholding directors and business owners*
- Ensuring that loved ones are protected throughout all phases of life
- Long term care/care fees solutions
Long term care is an especially sensitive area and one in which I have been specialising in for the past few years – my aim is to make sure that anyone who has to enter into long term care has a fully considered set of options laid out. This ensures that they and their families make the right decisions, ensuring financial security and peace of mind for the rest of the individual’s life, whether they receive care at home or in a residential care nursing home.
We like to keep our clients aware of the most up to date information and opinion within the markets. Weekly Market Bulletins are just one example of this and you can take a look at these by clicking on the Bulletin link on the left hand side of the page. You might also like to take a look at some fund manager commentary through the SJPTV link.
The value of an investment with St. James's Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds you select and the value can therefore go down as well as up. You may get back less than you invested.
The levels and bases of taxation and reliefs from taxation can change at any time. The value of any tax relief depends on individual circumstances.
*Exit Strategies may include the referral to a service that is separate and distinct to those offered by St. James's Place.